Buhari says Niger Delta Avengers threats are unnecessary

buhari says niger delta avengers threats are unnecessary
buhari says niger delta avengers threats are unnecessary

Muhammadu Buhari has responded to the Niger Delta Avengers’ threat to resume hostilities.

The group said the Federal Government failed to meet its demand in a statement on Saturday.

“Operation Humble” will attack oil installations and target politicians, according to the militant group’s announcement.

A no-confidence vote was also passed on the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) led by Chief Edwin Clark.

Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesman, told reporters on Sunday that he had addressed most of the issues raised by the militants.

Several media outlets were awash with threats and demands by the Niger Delta Avengers to bomb oil and gas installations if certain demands were not met, including development of the Niger Delta and restructuring of the Federation, Adesina said.

“It is, however, curious that the threat was coming less than 48 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari met with the leadership of the Niger Delta and Ijaw National Congress (INC), at the Presidential Villa, and the germane issues had been responded to, especially call for restructuring of the Federation, and the inauguration of a Board for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).”

“For clarity and record purposes, below is the text of the speech by President Buhari on Friday, June 25, 2021, which renders any sabre-rattling rather unnecessary.”

Total
2
Shares
2 Share
0 Tweet
0 Share
0 Share
0 Share
You May Also Like