#EndSARS promoter, Modupe Odele, says her passport is yet to be released five days after it was seized while she was on her way to Maldives for her birthday.
Modupe had earlier narrated how her passport was seized at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on Sunday, November 1. She said the officer who accosted her explained that the action was ordered “from above”.
An online news platform had claimed that the Federal government was compiling a no-fly list of persons identified to have promoted the #EndSARS protest. The Ministry of Interior in a statement released, denied the allegation saying it has not and will not compile such a list.
In a tweet thread shared this evening, Modupe said five days after, her passport is yet to be released to her.
“Today is the 5th day that my passport is still being held after it was seized at the Lagos international airport. If there’s no no-fly list, that’s okay but why has my passport not being released yet?
Holding on to my passport without giving me any reason for it is a breach of my constitutional right. I’ve not been informed of any investigation against me, I’m not running. I am here. Investigate. Ask me questions but do not continue to hold on to my passport with NO reasons.
First of November, I was stopped and my passport taken some minutes to boarding this flight. No reason was given, other than “you are under investigation” today is 5th of November, I still do not have my passport back neither have I been told what the investigation is about.”