On Sunday, security operatives in Imo State arrested 29 suspected members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN) and Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) who planned to attack the state ahead of the Sit-at-home order on Monday (today).
CP Abutu Yaro, the Commissioner of Police for Imo State Command, disclosed this to journalists at the command’s headquarters in Owerri. He noted the command had been able to gather information about their activities prior to their arrest.
In response to the information that they had concluded their plans to attack the state as a way of enforcing the sit-at-home order, we moved our men to action and unfortunately for them, they all were captured at two different ESN camps in the state. Some women who offered them catering services were also arrested.
“I am pleased to report that Imo has remained mostly peaceful. Security measures are in place to keep everything safe.
The state is not unaware that some people are determined to destroy it.
“Imo still remains a leading light despite racking up a lot of mileage. We will not back down. “We have to always stay on top of them,” he said.
Also arrested was a masked suspect.
Afterwards, the suspect confessed and said he would work with the police to find the other members.