Irigwe Condemns Attack, Says Members Not Responsible in Plateau Killings

Irigwe Condemns Attack, Says Members Not Responsible in Plateau Killings
Irigwe Condemns Attack, Says Members Not Responsible in Plateau Killings

Irigwe Development Association Secretary-General, Danjuma Dickson Auta, has condemned the killing of Muslim travellers around Gada-biyu – Rukuba road in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.

The attack was not carried out by Irigwe youths, he said.

According to a statement by Auta, the association regretted the incident around Rukuba road that led to the death of many innocent commuters and damaged many properties.

We, as a nation known for peaceful coexistence, condemn and dissociate ourselves from such acts, since they were carried out far from where our journey was underway and not carried out by any member of our group,” he said.

We read the police press statements alleging that youths associated with the Irigwe group perpetrated the act. We find this disconcerting. We wish to make it clear that today is a day of mourning for the Irigwe nation, and it is not in our culture to participate in such activities while we are grieving.

The group buried last Saturday the six residents who were killed in an attack by herdsmen in the village of Bassa last week.

As a result, we distance ourselves from the act and call for calm, even as the government is doing everything it can to restore peace in the area and the state as a whole, ” he continued.

ASP Ubah Gabriel, spokeswoman for the state police command, accused the Irigwe group of killing religious followers on Saturday.

The attack on Saturday claimed the lives of 25 people.

Total
11
Shares
11 Share
0 Tweet
0 Share
0 Share
0 Share
You May Also Like