Mohammed Adoke said an e-mail admitted by an Italian court against him was forged

Mohammed Adoke said an e-mail admitted by an Italian court against him was forged
Mohammed Adoke said an e-mail admitted by an Italian court against him was forged

A former Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN), on Thursday said an e-mail admitted by an Italian court against him was forged.

In a statement by his lawyer, Mr. Femi Oboro of Gromyco Amedu Solicitors in London, the United Kingdom (UK), the ex-minister said the document was part of a false claim that he had a close relationship with Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar, who is on trial along with Shell and ENI in a Milan court.

Adoke said he could not have sent an email through another person’s account, adding that he was no longer a minister at the time the purported email was allegedly sent.

He said the email, purportedly sent by him from the email address of AgroupProperties, said to belong to Abubakar, on the OPL 245 transaction of 2011, was a figment of the imagination of his detractors.

The statement reads: “Our client states categorically that the e-mail is a total forgery.

“First of all, the email is dated June 21, 2011. At the time in question, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN) was no longer the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

“The cabinet had been dissolved by President Goodluck Jonathan and was yet to be reconstituted.

“The despicable forgers did not do their due diligence before going to town. That is their stock in trade, in any case.”

The former minister said curiously, in a screenshot of the email being circulated, the sender signed off simply as “Mohammed Bello Adoke”, stressing that for the record, all his correspondences – physical or electronic – are signed off with the suffix “SAN”.

“At no time did our client sign off any document without using his rank in the legal profession.

“Furthermore, our client would want to point out that he could never have sent an email from another person’s account and signed off with his name.

“This is completely illogical. Our client has an e-mail account for his personal and for his official matters.”

“Therefore, it is completely nonsensical to expect our client to use another person’s email address.

“Moreover, our client, while in office, had at least five aides working with him, and could have sent an email on his behalf, assuming that Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN) was busy or had issues with his email account,” the statement said.

The ex-minister maintained that the poor work of forgery exhibited in the email and admitted by the court was not the first, recalling that in 2017, they came up with a fictitious “recorded” phone conversation, which Adoke alleged had with Ms. Carlamaria Rumor, said to be of RAI Television in Italy.

“In it, our client was alleged to have told the reporter that he knew the OPL 245 transaction was a presidential scam.

“Those who want to keep collecting huge grants from international donors under the pretext of fighting corruption should continue to do so, but they should leave our client’s name out of it,” the statement added.

shauntvnews

For Shauntv updates
Join @shauntvnews Telegram channel

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

You May Also Like