The 71-year-old Prince of Wales paid tribute to emergency services workers and shop staff in a three-minute video and stressed the importance of living with hope.
He also said it was ‘essential’ that key workers including NHS staff were ‘treated with special consideration’ when finishing their shifts and trying to go shopping.
The message, recorded this morning by staff at Birkhall, the Prince’s home in Scotland, marked his first appearance since coming out of self-isolation on Monday.
He said: ‘Having recently gone through the process of contracting this coronavirus, luckily with relatively mild symptoms, I now find myself on the other side of the illness, but still in no less a state of social distance and general isolation.
‘As we are all learning this is a strange, frustrating and often distressing experience when the presence of family and friends is no longer possible and the normal structures of life are suddenly removed.
- BREAKING: Fire engulfs Nigerian Army Depot, Zaria
- Fugitive Nigerian drug dealer who skipped bail and fled South Africa rearrested
- Oro worshippers impose 7-day curfew; women, visitors must remain indoors
- Northern elders demands compensation after burning of livestock and cars of the Sarkin Fulani by Sunday Igboho
- Dangote truck rams into shops in Ondo as Many feared dead
The UK yesterday saw its biggest day-on-day rise in the number of deaths since the outbreak began – up 381 on 24 hours previously to a total of 1,789.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!